Thursday, April 22, 2010

Follow Friday- Anecstories: The Stories of My Ancestors

I love to read the blogs of my fellow writers, and have to admit that there are times when following one blog and their blogroll leads me to another blog, then to another, then another.... well you get the idea. By the time I am done I have crisscrossed the world and totally forgotten why I was on the computer in the first place. It's a good pasttime recently since I have been feeling very under the weather, but also good for those times I call "Wandering Weekends."

 Anecstories: The Stories of My Ancestors is one of those blogs I discovered in my wandering events and landed on for further exploration. Miriam Robbins Midkiff of Spokane Washington teaches Online Genealogy per her profile, and has written other blogs as well. Miriam is also the coordinator of Scanfest, an opportunity to join together at her blog and chat while scanning your important photos and documents. The next Scanfest is this Sunday, April 25, from 11am to 2pm, Pacific Daylight Time.

One of my favorite is the series called "52 Weeks of Online Digital Archives and Databases." Recently the state was Indiana, the week before Illinois. I have had several successful finds while using these databases and look forward each week to the next state, which are being posted in alphabetical order.

Miriam also has a weekly theme called "Funeral Card Friday."  Be sure to swing by and see what you may learn from her blog.

Til Next time.

No comments: