Friday, April 9, 2010

Follow Friday

I have not written entries for Follow Friday in the past for several reasons, but as I spend more time becoming familiar with my fellow bloggers and read their blogs on a regular basis I feel more comfortable contributing to this column. I decided that I would highlight one blog in particular this week, Tina Lyons Gen Wish List.

In addition to being a fellow Hoosier, I love her motto "Where Genealogy Goals Meet Reality." I also find her open honesty in her researching pursuits to be very refreshing. Some of the aspects of her blog that I enjoy include what she calls her monthly "shout outs" in which she acknowledges those bloggers who have taken a moment of their time to make a comment on her entries. All bloggers appreciate knowing that what they write touches others and her acknowledgement of that also gives others the opportunity to view these bloggers in return.

Another feature she includes monthly is her "Genealogy To Do List" coupled with her "Monthly Genealogy Goals In Review."   I think this is something I am going to have to begin doing. It's one thing to make a list of New Year Resolutions, but if these are not reviewed and consistently pursued then I will find myself frustrated at the end of the year.

Other recent columns of Tina's include: How I Influenced Ancestry- The Tale of Unenhanced Images- Part 2 , and her continued participation in the weekly 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy.

Be sure to mozy over there and read Tina's blog- I think you'll be hooked.