Saturday, August 22, 2009

Education goes a long way

Today Willard Library in Evansville, Indiana held a dCheck Spellingay long set of workshops led by Ron Darrah. The components covered Probate records, School days, Special Census Schedules, and Show me the money regarding ancestral occupations.

This was highly attended with 100 people registered and nary a spot to move on the 2nd floor. Research had to be closed in order to move the microfilm machines and other equipment so we had room to sit. I was very good and I overheard many positive remarks throughout the halls. A vendor fair was set under tents outside on the lawn.

This day of workshops could not come at any better time for me. Sometimes we get bogged down in our research and start to pull out our hair. Going to listen to the ideas of others is an excellent way to revive the batteries and get going again. I know I come home with all kinds of ideas for further research.

if you have any opportunities to attend local society meetings or workshops I would highly recommend it. It may help pull some of those bricks down.

No comments: