Sunday, October 11, 2009

Too Late

It was too late for me and when I read the notice in the obituary section of the newspaper I could only bend over and let out a little cry. For nearly a year I had been planning to go see a certain relative in the family related to my maternal side of the family to interview them.

Oh, I could give all the good reasons as to why it didn't happen from scehdules to a broken foot, but the reality is that over and over EVERY book, conference, and suggestion says to go see your relatives while you still can and I did not.

To put further pain into the wound, within 2 weeks another relative also passed away. Now I don't know about you, but my grandmother always said deaths came in threes so I tailed it over to Posey County Indiana to visit a very healthy cousin I had never meant in person this week, because I was not going to take any chances. We share the surnames of Tucker, Cozart, Wright and beyond and met each other through Ancestry.

We had a great time getting to know each other better and to share some info.

So for goodness sake, don't waste any time! Don't be another one of those fools like I was!

No comments: