Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wandering Weekends

As I sat down several times over the course of the past day or so to be very productive in knocking out a few lines in my "to do" list something overcame me. I started with good intentions. I looked at my list for a few moments and knew this was a perfect opportunity to feel superior to it. And yet once again the list won out.

There is something to be said about the gift of the computer and all the benefits it brings to each of us, especially when we are lucky enough to find a new "cousin" or finally break through just a little crack in the brick wall that stands.......just so tall. Where would we be if the LDS records were not continually being expanded onto databases for all of us to view, as well as the millions of other records worldwide.

And that is actually my point- so to speak. I started with a list, a path to take with some goals to achieve, and then all that detouring took over as I discovered one site after another after another.....

I have decided that in between Monday Madness and Tombstone Tuesday that every once in a while I am going to add a Wandering Weekend.   A wandering weekend just to enjoy what genealogy is all about again, without concerning myself with the concerns of so much to do, so little time.

Isn't that what it's all about anyway?

No comments: