Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

I celebrate my mother today as we all do in our own ways, both those still with us and those with us in our hearts.

My mother, which is what I call her most of the time beyond my understanding, is my strongest advocate and my genealogy buddy. It is with her that I share all the discoveries and the brickwalls. When I search in one record she is often across the table or at another microfilm reader searching another. The rest of the family is very interested in the answers we find and the discoveries and help where they can, but circumstances prevent them from being as involved as they would like.

One of my mother's favorite things that she likes to say is that she is the mother of three, the grandmother of three, and the great-grandmother of three.

I think that really says it all. Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

No comments: