Sunday, May 9, 2010

Saturday Night Fun- My Maternal Line

It has been a bit since I have been able to post due to illness, so I am happy to return with this as my entry, especially with Mother's Day on us.

Randy Seaver of Geneamusings fame has a weekly Saturday Night mission that he gives us, and this week it was stated as follows:  1) List your Matrilineal Line - your mother, her mother etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!

2) Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.

Here is my maternal line:

1.   Me
3.   My mother
7.   My maternal grandmother

15. Caroline Susan (or Susannah) MARTIN  was born 12 January 1857 in Newburgh, Warrick County, Indiana. She died on 29 June 1930 in Evansville, Vanderburgh, Indiana. She married John James RALEY on 8 October 1879 in the parlor of her parents, Warrick County, Indiana. She was the mother of 5 sons and my grandmother.

31. Susanah Jung or Young was born about 1835 in Hesse, Darmstadt, Germany. She died about 1864 in Warrick County, Indiana of typhoid fever.

63. Caroline Jung or Young (we do not know her maiden name) was born about 1810 in Hesse, Darmstadt, Germany. She died in Warrick County, Indiana. Caroline immigrated with 4 children at about 1850.

We have discussed doing the mitochondrial DNA testing several times recently, but have not yet conducted this. However, we did just get the results of my father's paternal line with plans to complete the other part of the testing soon.

Look forward to posting more often soon.

No comments: