Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Genealogy Games- Winter 2010

Hi to all those who live in the so-called warmer climates and have not been hit with some sort of snow or blizzard this winter. After our last winter blast that fell overnight Sunday with several more inches the kids are out of school for 2 days, cars are sliding through the intersections, and one more politician has suddenly decided to resign from the Senate, our own Evan Bayh. Whatever your feelings, its just one more knock on a crazy time that historians will be able to write about in years to come.

I failed to establish a plan of attack in my competition for the Winter Olympics and felt I had better get down to a few plans and ideas at this point since the opening Ceremony is over and unexpected withdrawals and changes are aflutter in Vancouver and I would not want that to derail my plans.

So my categories are: Cite Your Sources, Back up Your Data (perfect for one who is fighting this issue right now), Organize Your Research, Expand Your Knowledge, Write! Write! Write!, and reach Out and Perform Random Genealogical Acts of Kindness. Each category has a list of tasks, A through F or G, so tomorrow I set up a small table to let you know how I am doing within each category and my medal total.

I love this idea so much for its unconventional manner in assisting me in getting a list of tasks completed that are already sitting inside my "to do" binder. I plan to use it as the beginning of a training regiment of maintaining focus.

Please keep in there with us as we work through this process.

Until tomorrow, Kim

No comments: